Friday, November 07, 2008

Something Amazing...

Yesterday I did something amazing, well according to the adverts I did anyway, I donated some of my blood.

My Blood Group is O Neg, and according to the National Blood Service , they need my blood group more than others, as anybody can receive my blood. It can be used in emergencies when the recipients blood group is unknown and also during operations (mainly for unborn children) and to supplement shortages of other blood groups.

They reckon that as only 7% of the people in the UK have O neg blood group, they need other O Neg donors to come forward. But even if your not O neg, they still need and want your blood donations!

Now I wouldn't usually mention that I am a Blood Donor, as its my business and no-one elses, however, for whatever reason they are suffering shortages of all groups. So if you were or fancy the idea of being a Blood Donor. Please, Please contact them on the above link and help make a difference!

The procedure really is painless and benefits the whole of the UK's NHS, who without these donation's would struggle to meet demands.

My reasons for giving are twofold, one is to pay back to the system for saving my mums life, when I was about 6 years old, she received about 12 units of blood whilst hemorrhaging after childbirth and without those past blood donors she would be dead!

Secondly, I like the idea of helping, I am in no way rich or well off so cannot really afford to donate a lot of money. All I have is my blood and I give it freely and as often as I can, as my way of helping those who need it and as I have already said to pay back a debt of gratitude for my mothers life.

To those donors go my heartfelt thanks and I and my siblings are forever in your debt, THANK YOU who ever you are!

So come on people PLEASE get to your doctors, check out your blood group and get donating, I promise its not painful at all, its slightly daunting the first time but the staff are fantastic and will help and advice in anyway they can.

Just by giving your blood you can and will make a difference!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home